International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA)
1 February 2017
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) seeks to hire a driver based at Bahir Dar, Ethiopia, who will be a member of ICARDA-Ethiopia team.
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is an international autonomous, non-profit, research organization temporarily based in Beirut, Lebanon supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). ICARDA is committed to the improvement of livelihoods of the resource-poor in dry areas by enhancing food security and alleviating poverty through agricultural research, and the equitable use of natural resources. For more details: http://www.icarda.org
- Undertakes driving assignments of vehicles as and when assigned by his/her supervisor;
- Operates, maintains and cleans assigned vehicles with care and reports any damage and/or suspected fault immediately to his/her supervisor;
- Responsible for safe transport of staff, guests and materials assigned to him/her;
- Ensures that the vehicle is kept overnight in a secure location and that the vehicle key is handed over to the supervisor, unless explicitly agreed on otherwise by the supervisor;
- Records and maintains the transport log-book for any vehicles assigned to him/her
- Responsible for the vehicles and all tools, equipment and spare parts on the vehicle assigned to him/her;
- Liaises with his/her supervisor to ensure that routine service and maintenance is undertaken timely;
- Carries out errands and performs as required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Completion of secondary education
- At least 5 years of relevant experience and safe driving record
- Valid driving license for land cruisers
- Automotive background is advantageous
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken English is essential
Duty Station: Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
Minimum Base: Birr 6,268 (Negotiable, depending on experience, skill and salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with fixed term contract for two and half years. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc.
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: D/04/17 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com on or before 15 February 2017.
To find more about ICARDA, visit our Website at www.icarda.org.
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.