The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Finance Manager to provide efficient quality services in the field of finance and administration to various programs in the Institute.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of the 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Program management reports: Prepare – monthly meaningful management reports incorporating commitments and hold quarterly financial meetings with programs to discuss expenditure burn rates, forecasts and any other issues
- Donor reporting: Ensure preparation and submission of accurate and timely donor and CGIAR Research Program (CRP) reports as per the agreement; make timely follow up of outstanding donor balances with – donors in consultation with programs
- Partner Management: Ensure partner due diligence is conducted before contracting; review Collaborative Research Agreements (CRA’s) for conformity with ILRI’s internal policies on cash transfers, reporting timelines, and support documentation; make timely follow up of outstanding partner balances with partners in consultation with programs. Review proposal budgets and ensure -projects are fully costed; donor agreements to ensure they’re in favour of ILRI (indemnities, frequency and nature of financial reports) and also ensure the agreements conforms to ILRI and CGIAR financial and procurement guidelines
- Project audits: Ensure efficient project audits with no material findings and also support end year annual audits
- Payments and record keeping: Ensure accurate information is entered in the system; payments to staff and external suppliers are done on time; advances to staff are accounted for in time; VAT applications are made and prepayments are matched on time and ensure an efficient and secure record keeping system is in place
- Ensure a proper division and rotation of tasks within the unit and create an environment of learning and self-development
- Train the alternate position (Finance Officer) on all aspects of this job to ensure continuity
- Service Provider: Be the main contact person for program staff for all finance and administration related issues; provide other required services on demand with a pro-active and client friendly attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or its equivalent
- Full accounting qualifications- CPA (K) or ACCA
- 5-10 years of experience in a Senior finance role
Terms of Appointment
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based at ILRI’s Nairobi campus. It is open to Kenyan nationals only. The position is on a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
This position is job level 3C, ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 30 March 2017. The position title and reference number REF: FM/CS/03/2017 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.