The Position: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Zebu Club Coordinator who will be a member of Housing, Catering and Conference Services team in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
General: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org.
Responsible for the overall program and operations of the Zebu Club house services which include clubhouse bar and restaurant services, sporting facilities and activities, playground, networking programs, social activities and other events. The incumbent is also responsible to create a conducive and welcoming environment for all club members. The Zebu Club Coordinator is responsible to ensure the customer’s positive experience with regard to every aspect of his or her experience within the Zebu Club.
- Ensures that all standard operating procedures for service, revenue and cost control are in place and consistently applied;
- Develop new and innovative programs and activities to promote physical and mental well-being of staff and Zebu members, as well as to provide a welcoming environment conducive for socializing and professional networking;
- Provides welcoming orientation for all new Zebu Club members;
- Designing and promoting activities to meet customer demand and generate funds to recover costs, and oversee the planning and implementing procedures for special club events and banquet functions;
- Interacts with customers to ensure satisfaction with sporting facilities, programs, and clubhouse food and beverage services. Coordinates immediate resolution of customer complaints. Provides feedback to chef and service coordinator as needed;
- Plans and constantly applies internal marketing promotion activities for events and activities;
- Ensures that effective orientation and training for new staff and professional development activities for experienced staff are planned and implemented;
- Inspects daily to ensure that all safety, sanitation, preventive maintenance, cleanliness, tidiness, and other standards are consistently met in all facilities within the Club including sporting facilities, playground, grounds, gym, locker rooms, clubhouse dining area;
- Addresses member and guest complaints and advises the Deputy, Housing catering and conference Manager about appropriate corrective actions taken;
- Maintains appearance, upkeep and cleanliness of all food and beverage equipment and facilities;
- Maintains records of special events, house counts, food covers and daily business volumes;
- Ensures a safe working environment and facilities equipment’s that are available in the club house;
- Coordinates and supervises lessons for other sports activities like swimming, basketball, volley-ball, aerobics and other health-related classes which includes assessing the training, arranging payment, schedules, quality control and makes sure club commission is collected to increase the range of sports activities to satisfy club members;
- carrying out health and safety checks on the equipment and site;
- Track Supervises the proactive maintenance and cleanliness of the Club sports facilities including pool, tennis courts, squash courts, gym, steam & sauna, reports and follows up on repairs to maintenance and ensures the work is done properly and on time to maintain the standards of the Club;
- Leads the social events committee of the club house and follows up;
- Ensure club users comply with the laid down policies, procedures and rules of use
Academic and professional qualifications:
- First degree in Business Management or related field of studies.
- City Government of Addis Ababa Occupational Competency Assessment and Certification centre (OCACC) on food and beverage service or hotel operation
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related field in an international standard restaurant or hotel or institution.
- At least three years supervisory experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Technical knowledge of sport and an interest (but not necessarily outstanding performance) in physical fitness and sport
- Good business acumen and creative thinking skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Energy and resilience and creative thinking
- Flexibility and multi-tasking skills
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Minimum Base Salary: Birr 21,367 (Negotiable depending on experience, skill and salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is for three years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc.
The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus in Addis Ababa. Dining and sports facilities are located on site.
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: ZCC/16/17 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 8 May 2017.
To find out more about ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.