POSITION ANNOUNCEMENTS – EXTERNAL
International Potato Centre (CIP)
29 June 2017
The Position: The International Potato Center (CIP) seeks to recruit two drivers for Emergency Response Project and SASHA II Project who will be member of CIP Ethiopian at Hawassa Office.
General: The International Potato Centre (CIP) is a not-for-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweetpotato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is of roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor. CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved well-being, and gender equity for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world. CIP works with partners to contribute high quality science, technology, and capacity strengthening for sustainable science-based solutions. CIP is headquartered in Lima, Peru, with staff and activities in over 30 locations across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. The CIP Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) main regional office is in Nairobi, Kenya. CIP also has offices in eight other African countries.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Undertakes driving assignments of vehicles as and when assigned by his/her supervisor;
- Operates, maintains and cleans assigned vehicles with care and reports any damage and/or suspected fault immediately to his/her supervisor;
- Responsible for safe transport of staff, guests and materials assigned to him/her;
- Ensures that the vehicle is kept overnight in a secure location and that the vehicle key is handed over to the supervisor, unless explicitly agreed on otherwise by the supervisor;
- Records and maintains the transport log-book for any vehicles assigned to him/her;
- Responsible for the vehicles and all tools, equipment and spare parts on the vehicle assigned to him/her;
- Liaises with his/her supervisor to ensure that routine service and maintenance is undertaken timely;
- Carries out errands and performs as required.
- Completion of secondary education
- At least 5 years of relevant experience and safe driving record
Skills and competencies:
- Valid driving license for land cruisers
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken English is essential
- Automotive background is advantageous
Duty Station: Hawassa, SNNPR
Minimum Base: Birr 6,268 (Negotiable, depending on experience, skill and salary history of the candidate).
Terms of appointment: Terms of appointment: These are Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) positions with initial appointments with the following contract durations:
- One Driver position under Emergency Response Project for a period of 1 year fixed term
- One Driver position under SASHA II Project for a period of 6 months fixed term contract
The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc.
Applications Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: D/15/17 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com on or before 12 July 2017.
To find more about CIP, visit our Website at http://www.cip.cgiar.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.