The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit six drivers for the Accelerated Value Chains Development program (AVCD) to drive passengers and goods to authorised destinations efficiently.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Drive vehicles safely and defensively to avoid any incidents or accidents
- Keep to the designated routes while driving
- Before proceeding on trips ensure all travel requirements are met and liaise with supervisor and passenger for instructions
- Ensure travel expense reports are submitted to the supervisor in time after every field trip
- Maintaining a clear worksheet on vehicle usage of mileage and fuel consumption
- Continuously monitor condition of assigned vehicles and promptly report defects
- Day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle including cleanliness
- Ensure timely servicing of vehicle and acquisition/renewal of all necessary licenses/insurance in liaison with Transport Unit
- Responsible for all tools, equipment and spare parts of assigned vehicles
- Portray good image of ILRI to visitors and customers
- Actively participate in creating an atmosphere of team work within the unit by attending meetings, complying with the institutes policies and being a team player
- Performs other related duties assigned by the supervisor
- Minimum of KCSE
- At least 5 years work experience of driving within Nairobi and in other counties
- Must have a clean and valid Kenya Driver’s license
- Must have a valid certificate of good conduct
- Knowledge of defensive driving is an added advantage
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English and Kiswahili languages
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate well with diverse culture
- Reliable and ability to work effectively and respectfully
Number of Positions: 6
Post location: Each driver will be based in one of the six counties where the project is being implemented: Turkana, Marsabit, Isiolo, Wajir, Garissa and Nairobi.
Terms of Appointment
These are Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) positions, open to Kenyan nationals only. The positions are on a 1 year fixed term.
This position is job level 1B, ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 21 July 2017. The position title and reference number REF: D/AVCD/07/2017 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.