The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Senior Administrative Assistant on behalf of International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) to coordinate and monitor secretarial and administrative activities and act as a focal person in the planning and monitoring of activities related to the administrative needs of various projects.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutrition security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional and country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
ILRI hosts the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) in Nairobi (www.irri.org) with its headquarters in Los Baños, Laguna in the Philippines. IRRI is the world’s premier research organization dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science; improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers; and protecting the rice-growing environment for future generations.
- Coordinate and monitor all administrative activities in the office in lines with his/her supervisor roles
- Manage on-line systems, procedures, administrative clearances and facilitate procurement of laboratory equipment, office and other research supplies
- Ensure that projects are in compliance with donor regulations
- In collaboration with the finance staff, review and analyse budgets and take necessary steps to ensure proper management and utilization of project budget
- Oversee management and maintenance of up to date documentation related to projects (approvals, monitoring and implementation) in both hard and soft copies.
- Ensure effective liaison with the external and internal stakeholders and ensure fast and regular flow of information and appropriate communication related to all administrative aspects
- Manage the meetings and appointments of his/her supervisor and all relevant project staff, write minutes and support the preparation of presentations as required
- Coordinate logistics for trainings, meetings, workshops and conferences inside and outside IRRI
- Ensure timely and quality preparation of project reports, and other related reports needed/required by the local government, donors, or headquarters as per the reporting schedule
- Monitor the accounting of budgets for both core and special projects to ensure an up-to-date record
- In collaboration with Finance staff, duly notify the respective Globally Recruited Staff (GRS) and fund accountant for any discrepancies, initiate reclassification of expenses and realignment of funds as needed
- Process requests related to IT, work orders, meetings, visit requests, inventories and material requests related to research and publications and request for personnel
- Maintain databases, filing systems, data records both in online (OCS software) and offline to ensure ease of access to relevant and important information for easy retrieval of data.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Management, Communication or related field with 3 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in project management, knowledge in agriculture projects is an added value
Terms of Appointment
These are Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position; based at Nairobi, Kenya and open to Kenyan nationals only. The position is on a 2-year Fixed Term contract
This position is job level 2A level 2, ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 19 June 2018. The position title and reference number REF: SAA/IRRI/2018 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.