International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a consultant to review all job descriptions (JDs) in terms of the JD template, job purpose, job content, competencies and develop JDs that are appropriate and fit into to ILRI’s needs.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutrition security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
SCOPE OF WORK
- Development of a competence matrix/framework for all jobs in the institute;
- Populate the JDs on the standard JD template;
- Ensuring alignment of job description with technical and functional competencies;
- Mapping / alignment of jobs descriptions to competence matrix and existing HG grade;
- Advise if some JDs need re designing or if they could be aligned with similar jobs JD;
- Write summary/purpose of job for JDs missing this information and review existing ones;
- Ensure the competencies (qualification, experience, etc.,) flow logically per function to ensure consistency across similar grade jobs in the institute;
- Develop a reference guide on job description and job title nomenclature;
- Sensitization of People & Organizational Directorate (P&OD) staff including documentation of findings from the exercise;
- Make any adjustments following feedback from Supervisors and P&OD.
Refined Job Descriptions for ILRI staff in terms of job content and competencies by 15 December 2018.
Consultancy Fee: lump sum
Post location: Kenya
Duration: 2 months
Expected places of travel: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Essential skills and qualifications
- Master’s Degree in business administration, Human Resource Management, Organizational Development preferred
- Certified HR Practitioner
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and database applications
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience in job evaluation processes and experience in development and implementation of similar projects in comparable organizations operating in multi-cultural settings
- Proven record in developing/writing and reviewing of job descriptions to ensure uniformity and consistency
- In-depth knowledge of developing/reviewing competency guidelines/processes that can be applied in an international setting
- An understanding or experience in use of a job evaluation tool/system with the ability to be creative/improve existing systems
- Demonstrated experience in career progression processes and development of guidelines/procedures
How to apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or 17 October 2018. The position title and reference number JD/POD/2018 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.