The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an End Point Officer who will be responsible for the central management and administration of close to 2,300 ILRI/ICRAF Endpoint devices (laptops, desktops, etc) distributed globally and systems running on Endpoints using multiple Endpoint management systems.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutrition security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional and country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Central management and administration of endpoint devices (laptops, desktops, mobile devices etc) and systems running on endpoints using multiple endpoint management systems globally.
- Manage, maintain and provide II/III technical support for Endpoint services and systems management platforms e.g Kaseya, Symantec Backup, ESET Endpoint Security, Office 365, Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier amongst others.
- Research, evaluate, design, recommend, implement and support of new Endpoint systems technologies and improvement of existing ones. E.g. Endpoint security, business continuity, imaging, endpoint management tools, etc.
- Continual monitoring, reporting and improvement of ICT Endpoint Systems and Services in coverage, service efficiency, effectiveness per established key performance indicator (KPIs)
- Develop workstation configurations that consider the requirements of several standard and unique applications and configurations simultaneously on a global scale or a group of endpoints.
- Analyse, document, package, test, and distribute business applications, endpoint packages and utilities in accordance with ILRI and ICRAF standards.
- Manage workstation images for multiple operating system (OS) environments, implement regular image updates, maintain configuration and documentation.
- Plan, design and test vendor client/server packages for new software, patches, and new releases, to ensure application to workstations has the desired effect.
- Implementation and management of Endpoints Security Systems ensuring consistency with ILRI and ICRAF security policies.
- Ensuring all endpoints meet ILRI/ICRAF ICT policies, tracking areas of non-compliance and bringing those areas back to compliance.
- Support ILRI/ICRAF business continuity by managing, supporting, monitoring and reporting on user data backups, data archiving across various platforms globally and any other Endpoint related activities highlighted in the Business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Lead, plan and manage execution of a portfolio of projects on a global scale, planning, ensuring successful completion in scope and purpose.
- Automation/scripting of processes and procedures to facilitate efficient and effective Endpoint Management.
- Attend to logged incidents and requests relating to Endpoint Management as assigned.
- Create and maintain appropriate technical documentation associated with Endpoint projects, services and systems.
- Collaborate and share information with team members towards providing outstanding Endpoint Management services.
- Work with Endpoint systems Service Partners, internal and external, to ensure system stability and uptime.
- Create, update and Manage relevant active directory group policies related to Computers and User Objects.
- Manage and Run bulk AD User, Computers and DL scripts and activities as part of projects and ongoing support and operation
- Monitor endpoint security trends and emerging security threats and suggest and changes to policy. Lead implementations in changes in procedures and tools to mitigate.
- Create and maintain endpoint behaviour profiles used to detect abnormal behaviour. This should include expected installed software and active processes and services. Create policies to enforce and restore compliance.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations to management regarding processes and/or policies to optimize well as technological advances that improve on endpoint management an, enhance operational surety and improve ICT services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Certification in MCSE, ITIL, Office 365 is desirable.
- Strong knowledge and experience with multiple system environments consistent with the position accountabilities
Terms of Appointment
These are Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position; based at Nairobi, Kenya and open to Kenyan nationals only. The position is on a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
This position is HG13. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 12 June 2019. The position title and reference number REF: EPO/CS/2019 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.