We are looking for you:
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) needs your expertise to disseminate its research findings. ILRI is part of the CGIAR (Global Research Partnership for a food secure future) and works on animal health, climate change and the role of women in agriculture in developing countries. Its goal is to make livestock farming more productive and sustainable, find profitable markets for animal products, and reduce the risk of animal diseases. This is done in close cooperation with the private sector. The CGIAR has set ambitious goals for its research to make a measurable contribution to poverty reduction and hunger alleviation in the context of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
The Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner for finding a responsible position in the field of development policy. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe. Your role is to pass on their knowledge where they are especially needed. CIM is jointly run by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (http://www.giz.de/) and the German Federal Employment Agency (www.arbeitsagentur.de). It has been providing a combination of development and labour market policy expertise since 1980.
Your tasks will involve:
- Development and implementation of approaches to disseminate ILRI’s research outputs and products at scale
- Further development of the Institute’s capacity on the topic of scaling and innovation
- Knowledge management and exchange of experiences with other partners of the Task
- Force on Scaling
- Building partnerships in the field of scaling
- Fundraising for scaling activities of agricultural research products
- Completed university studies in agricultural management or other field qualifying for the tasks
- Very good knowledge of scaling in the private and public sectors
- Experience in building and maintaining networks in the agricultural sector
- Profound knowledge in the acquisition of financial resources
- Experience in change management/organizational development
- Good ICT (information and communication technologies) skills
- Fluency in English, ideally basic German
- citizenship of an EU- or EFTA member state
What we offer:
- Varied work with individual responsibility in an international field
- Teamwork with other development cooperation organisations
- Professional preparation for overseas deployment
- COVID-19 vaccination offer before departure
- Placement to a local employer as an Integrated Expert for an initial period of two years – an extension is possible
- Attractive monthly allowances as well as a local salary and social benefits
Please follow the link of the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs for travel information.
Note: The job offer is current, there is no deadline for applications.
location: This position will be part of the GIZ/CGIAR Task Force on Scaling., and will be based in Ethiopia or Kenya (to be agreed with the selected candidate)
To apply please click on this link
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.